Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

World War II Memorial in Washington DC

In the summer of 2007, at the age of 30, I made my first trip to Washington DC.  At the time, I had been dating Kathleen for just over three months and we made the trip out to visit her mom and dad in northern Virginia.  For the entire day, she served as my tour guide, schlepping around in near 100 degree heat.  We visited all of the major sites and attractions - the Holocaust Museum, the Mall, Capitol, Smithsonian Museum, Vietnam Wall, Korean Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Botanical Gardens, the National Cathedral, and the World War II Memorial.


... more to come ...

The people that know me know that I love to take pictures and the trip to DC was no exception.  Today, I have uploaded the photos from the WWII Memorial to the Picasa gallery at http://picasaweb.google.com/awakeningthepast.  Some of the photos didn't turn out nearly as well as I hoped, but that just means there needs to be another tour one of these days!  Preferably in sub-100 degree weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment