Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Another family found

Summer is upon us and the hustle and bustle of traveling, yard work and a number of other projects have unfortunately delayed the most recent news and development with my search for families in Japan. Almost a month ago, on May 11, I received another letter from Japan, letting me know they had located the surviving family members of Lance Corporal Toyosaku Karatsu, seen in the photo after the break. 


Lance Corporal Toyosaku Karatsu

The photo, as you may remember, was found in the wallet that Grandpa brought home with him after the war. It continues to surprise me that the office has located two families based on those photos, but has yet to find the owner of the wallet and the letter - Takeshi Maruyama. I continue to hold out hope that his family will be found, but until then I have another photo to package up and ship back to Japan.

Shipping brings me back to an earlier post as well...if anyone would like to contribute to the shipping fund for this venture, I would be greatly appreciative. Each photo costs abour $15.00 to ship, the flags and larger items a bit more.  If you are interested, please send me an email and we can figure something out. Until then, I will continue to wait for the letters to show up in my mailbox and work on whittling down the remaining 10 items I have left.

Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment